1. Definitions. The person who is participating in the purchase of and use of SISU Lifestyle LLC products shall be referred to hereinafter as “”. The “Undersigned” means only the Participant when the Participant is age 18 or older OR it means both the Participant and the Participant’s parent or legal guardian when the Participant is under the age of 18. “Released Parties” means SISU Lifestyle and any of its respective successors in interest, affiliated organizations and companies, insurance carriers, agents, employees, representatives, assignees, officers, directors, members, and shareholders. The “Activity” means taking part in use of the product (Product).
2. Risks of Activity. The Undersigned agree and understand that taking part in the Activity can be HAZARDOUS AND INVOLVES THE RISK OF PHYSICAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH. The Undersigned acknowledges that the Activity is inherently dangerous and fully realize the dangers of participating in the Activity. The risks and dangers of the activity include but are not limited to: extreme physical demands associated with exposure to sauna therapy, entering and exiting the sauna, and Participant’s poor health or physical condition, and mental distress from exposure to any one of the above. THE UNDERSIGNED ACKNOWLEDGES AND UNDERSTAND THAT THE DESCRIPTION OF THE RISKS LISTED ABOVE IS NOT COMPLETE AND THAT PARTICIPATING IN THE ACTIVITY MAY BE DANGEROUS AND MAY INCLUDE OTHER RISKS.
3. Risks of purchase of, use of, transportation of, and storage of the product.Undersigned acknowledges there are risks inherent with improperly using, transporting, and storing the Product that could result in physical injury and/or property damage. The Product is a barrel that is designed to be used as a sauna. Improper use of the product could result in fire or electrical damage to property. Improper transportation of the product could result in product damage or other damage to property being utilized to transport the Product. Improper storage or placement of the Product in any residence, building, storage facility, porch/deck, outdoor area, or otherwise could further result in property damage. Undersigned is responsible for proper maintenance of the Product and SISU Lifestyle is not responsible for any injuries or damage resulting from improper maintenance of the Product.
WARNING, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, RELEASE OF LIABILITY & INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING. THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY & WAIVER OF LEGAL RIGHTS.
4. Release, Indemnification, and Assumption of Risk. In consideration of the Participant being permitted to participate in the activity, ownership, and use of the Product, the Undersigned agree as follows:
(a) Release. THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY IRREVOCABLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE, AND AGREE NOT TO SUE OR BRING ANY OTHER LEGAL ACTION AGAINST THE RELEASED PARTIES with respect to any and all claims and causes of action of any nature whether currently known or unknown, which the Undersigned, or any of them, have or which could be asserted on behalf of the Undersigned in connection with the Participant’s participation in the Activity, including, but not limited to, claims of negligence, negligence per se, negligent misrepresentation, premises liability, tort claims, breach of warranty, statutory violations and breach of contract.
(b) Indemnification. The Undersigned hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all liability, costs, property loss, medical bills, loss of income, expenses, attorney’s fees, liens, subrogation rights, and all other damages of any kind or nature whatsoever, and from any suits, claims or demands, including legal fees and expenses whether or not in litigation, arising out of or related to Participant’s participation in the Activity and ownership of the Product. Such obligation on the part of the Undersigned shall survive the period of the Participant’s participation in the Activity.
(c) Assumption of Risk. The Undersigned agree and understand that there are dangers and risks associated with the participation in the Activity and use pf the Product and that INJURIES AND/OR DEATH may result from participating in the Activity and use of the Product, including, but not limited to, the acts, omissions, representations, carelessness, and negligence of the Released Parties. The Undersigned acknowledges that participation in the Activity is voluntary. The Undersigned also acknowledges that Participant is physically and mentally capable of participating in the Activity. By signing this document, the Undersigned recognizes that property loss, injury and death are all possible while participating in the Activity. RECOGNIZING THE RISKS AND DANGERS, THE UNDERSIGNED UNDERSTAND THE NATURE OF THE ACTIVITY AND VOLUNTARILY CHOOSE FOR PARTICIPANT TO PARTICIPATE IN AND EXPRESSLY ASSUME ALL RISKS AND DANGERS OF THE PARTICIPATION IN THE ACTIVITY AND USE OF THE PRODUCT, WHETHER OR NOT DESCRIBED ABOVE, KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, INHERENT, OR OTHERWISE. Undersigned further acknowledges the risks inherent with ownership, transportation, and storage of the Product.
5. Minor Acknowledgment. In the case of a minor Participant, the Undersigned parent or legal guardian acknowledges that he/she is not only signing this Agreement on his/her behalf, but that he/she is also signing on behalf of the minor and that the minor shall be bound by all the terms of this Agreement. Additionally, by signing this Agreement as the parent or legal guardian of a minor, the parent or legal guardian understands that he/she is also waiving rights on behalf of the minor that the minor otherwise may have. The Undersigned parent or legal guardian agrees that, but for the foregoing, the minor would not be permitted to participate in the Activity and product use. By signing this Agreement without a parent or legal guardian’s signature, the participant, under penalty of fraud, represents that he/she is at least 18 years of age. If signing as the parent or guardian of a minor Participant, signing adults represent that they are a legal parent or guardian of the minor Participant.
6. Miscellaneous. The Undersigned further agree and understand: (a) Participant will not engage in any activities prohibited by any applicable laws, statutes, regulations and ordinances; (b) this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Ohio, and the exclusive jurisdiction for any claim shall be the District Court of Lorain County, Ohio or the federal court of the State of Ohio; (c) THIS AGREEMENT CONSTITUTES THE ENTIRE AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE PARTIES HERETO AND SUPERSEDES ANY AND ALL PRIOR CONTRACTS, ARRANGEMENTS, COMMUNICATIONS, OR REPRESENTATIONS, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, BETWEEN THE PARTIES RELATING TO THE SUBJECT MATTER HEREOF INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY PRIOR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACTIVITY ITSELF OR THE SAFETY THEREOF; (d) the Undersigned is voluntarily and fairly entering into this Agreement. The Undersigned understand and acknowledges that this Agreement is a contract and shall be binding to the fullest extent permitted by law. If any part of this Agreement is deemed to be unenforceable, the remaining terms shall be an enforceable contract between the parties. It is the intent of the Undersigneds that this agreement shall be binding upon the assignees, subrogors, distributors, heirs, next of kin, executors and personal representatives of the Undersigned.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THE FOREGOING ASSUMPTION OF RISK, RELEASE OF LIABILITY & INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT AND UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. I AM AWARE THAT I AM RELEASING LEGAL RIGHTS THAT OTHERWISE MAY EXIST.